Since much of our work has gone online over these last few weeks, There have been changes to our Safeguarding Policy, please familiarise yourself with it especially if you are doing any work with youth or vulnerable adults.
It is available for you to download on this website under CHURCH MATTERS/Church Policies
Important News Concerning COVID-19
In view of the COVID-19 Crisis and Government advice, the Church has cancelled all on site worship services, small group meetings and special events. Most of our meetings are still happening online, so you can still meet together apart!
In the meantime:
1. Please join us for Sunday service each Sunday at 11 a.m. if you can, but it is available any time if you cannot make that date and time.
2. Do join us to pray together, wherever you are, at 8 pm every day
3. Also join us every Monday at our weekly prayer meetings that are held at 8 pm using the Zoom app. You can get the details of the meeting from Pastor David or his wife.
4. Stay at home, stay safe, keep in touch.
5. Pray for those experiencing financial hardship and uncertainty about their jobs.
6. Pray for the many people around the world who live in poverty and who are going hungry during this pandemic
7. As the lockdown is being eased, we pray that the number of cases will not go back up again.
8. Pray for the church leadership as they listen to God and the members to know how to plan for the future of the whole church.
9. Pray for the children who are getting bored at home and missing their friends in school. May God grant patience to their parents to teach the children about you and to home school them.
10. If you wish to give your offering via bank transfer , please contact Pastor for details.
11. We have a new page where you can give donations, it is: GIVING
Alternatively, if you are a tax payer and would like to gift aid your regular donations, please fill in this form and send it to the church.
The address is:
Liverpool Chinese Gospel Church
11 Great George Square,
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Faced with a global pandemic, we need to take a moment to think biblically about our response to COVID-19.
Focus on God
Article by Rick Warren
“When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up—the flames will not consume you.”
Isaiah 43:2 (TLB)
When everything around you is uncertain, the key to stability is to focus on unchangeable truth. In the days ahead, you need to focus on what never changes: God’s character and God’s Word.
Here are some unchangeable truths you need to tell yourself during this time of uncertainty:
God sees everything you’re going through. “The eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love” (Psalm 33:18 NIV).
God cares about everything you’re going through. “But I will watch for the LORD; I will wait confidently for God, who will save me. My God will hear me” (Micah 7:7 GNT).
God has the power to change what you’re going through. “Ask, and you will be given what you ask for. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened” (Matthew 7:7 TLB).
God always acts out of his goodness to you. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28 NIV).
God’s plan is always better than your plan. “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the LORD. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope’” (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT).
God will never stop loving you. “For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain” (Isaiah 54:10 NLT).
Once you have put your trust in Jesus Christ, you cannot lose your salvation. “I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to safely guard all that I have given him until the day of his return” (2 Timothy 1:12 TLB).
No matter what you go through, God is with you. “When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up—the flames will not consume you” (Isaiah 43:2).
To replace your panic with prayer, your worry with worship, and your anxiety with adoration, focus less on what social media is saying and more on God’s unchanging truth.
Consider memorising some of these verses today to help you get through the crisis we are going through.