The Church accepts the Bible (containing the old and new testaments only) as the authoritative word of God.
We believe and maintain the following:
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the God-head.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The sixty-six canonical books of the Bible as originally written were inspired of God, hence free from error. They constitute the only infallible guide in faith and practice.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ (as our representative and substitute,) the incarnate Son of God.
- The physical resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and His ascension to the right hand of the throne of God the Father.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy universal church, which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The resurrection of all believers and eternal life for all who truly trust and believe in Him.
1. To advance the Christian religion primarily but not exclusively in Liverpool and the surrounding area, in accordance with the doctrinal basis hereafter stated.
2. To relieve hardship, poverty, distress and sickness primarily but not exclusively in Liverpool and the surrounding area.
3. To advance the education and training of the public, primarily but not exclusively in Liverpool and the surrounding area.
4. To further such charitable purposes as the trustees in their absolute discretion may from time to time decide.